There are so many great resources out there for all different types of canning and canners. Because we like to try preserving an assortment of foods we use a number of different books.
At the top of my list is Bernardin’s Complete Book or the Big Book as I like to call it. I think it is a must have for every canner. It is an extensive guide to canning any type of food and is a helpful resource for the beginner as well as the more experienced canner. To follow in no particular order are a number of other books that we use on a regular basis. Although, lots of recipes will overlap in these books each one serves as a useful resource with that unique recipe that is sure to hit the spot!
- Bernardin Complete Book of Home Preserving ~ edited by Judi Kingry and Lauren Devine
- The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook ~ Rachel Saunders
- The Complete Book of Small-Batch Preserving ~ Ellie Topp and Margaret Howard
- The Joy of Jams, Jellies, and other Sweet Preserves ~ Linda Ziedrich
- Put ’em Up! ~ Sherri Brooks Vinton
- CANNING for a new generation ~ Liana Krissoff
- Blue Ribbon Preserves ~ Linda J. Amendt
- Fruits of the Earth ~ Gloria Nicol
- Stocking Up ~ Carol H. Stoner and Carol Hupping
- Putting Food ~ by Ruth Hertzberg
- Preserving the Taste ~ Edon Waycott
- The Bread Baker’s Apprentice ~ Reinhart