Rhubarb Strawberry Pie ~ Mmmm…Lip Smacking Good!
When it comes down to it there really is nothing better than a good olde fashion pie made with fresh rhubarb and some whole strawberry preserves. We wish you could have been with us to gobble this down but take comfort in the fact not a crumb was wasted!
RECIPE FOR RHUBARB STRAWBERRY PIE:
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb; cut into 1″ lengths
- 1 x 500mL of preserved whole strawberries in light syrup
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine sugar and rhubarb and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Combine all other ingredients.
- Pour mixture in empty pie shell. Note: we use the Tenderflake pastry recipe but use your own favourite recipe.
- Place top crust on and cut slits to vent. Note: cutting slits is unneccessary with the lattice top.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 425F for 30 minutes, then lower heat to 350F and bake for another 20-30 minutes. Note: check during the final baking stages as everyone’s oven cooks differently.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Serve and devour.