Hot Cherry Bombs
This week at the grocery store we came across these interesting round globe-like peppers called “cherry bombs” and because they were different we walked away with a small bag. Just enough to pickle one 1.5 litre jar!
RECIPE FOR PICKLED HOT CHERRY BOMBS:
- Makes 1 x 1.5L jar
- 15 Cherry Bombs
- 8 Jalapeno Peppers
- Wash cherry bombs and prick with a fork in several places
- Wash jalapeno peppers and cut the tips off
- In a hot sterilized 1.5 litre jar put 2 cloves sliced garlic and 10 pepper corns; pack peppers to within a generous 1/2 inch of top of jar
- Bring brine to a boil. Brine consists of 4 cups white vinegar& 1.5 cups water
- Laddle hot brine into jar
- Note: you will have to wait until the peppers fill with the brine before processing. Continue to top up brine until peppers are full of liquid leaving 1/2 headspace
- Add sterilized lids and screw bands. Process for 10 minutes, remove lid and let jars stand for 5 minutes before removing
In a month you are going to have one hell of a hot fiery treat!
Put up Total:
- 1 x 1.5L regular mason jar